Plant A Memory is a program aimed at honoring or memorializing individuals that have been instrumental in making Frisco the outstanding community that it is today. There are numerous people living, deceased, young and old, that have contributed in a vast array of ways to the fine city of Frisco. Public officials, city founders, police officers, firemen, educators, servicemen, business leaders, outstanding students and others are examples of the types of people that have gone into the success of Frisco.
“When we plant a tree, we are doing what we can to make our planet a more wholesome and happier dwelling place for those who come after us, if not for ourselves.” –Oliver Wendell Holmes
The PLANT A MEMORY TREE program is a Heritage Association project in conjunction with the Frisco Rotary Club and the City of Frisco Parks and Recreation Department.
As a purchaser of a Memory Tree many benefits are bestowed. These benefits included the following:
- An attractive tree will be planted on the sponsor’s behalf in one of the City of Frisco Parks, specifically chosen an assortment of tree species native to the area, selected to blend harmoniously with each park’s unique character and setting. The trees will be either a live oak, a red oak, a cedar elm or a bald cypress.
- Frisco Plant A Memory will host a dedication ceremony, creating unforgettable and lasting memories. These official plantings are generally held on the last Sunday of October.
- Frisco Plant A Memory will arrange for a Group Picture of family and friends taken at the dedication ceremony. A copy of the picture will be provided to the recipient, sponsor or family.
- An official Frisco Plant A Memory Certificate will be presented to recipient, sponsor or family.
- A permanent sign will be placed in the park showing the name of recipient and key map showing location of tree.
- Generous food and drinks will be served at the dedication ceremony for family and friends.
- Pre-printed invitations for family and friends. A limit of 10 per recipient. Additional invitations are available.
- Each recipient’s biography will be read at the dedication ceremony by the Mayor or Past Mayor of the City of Frisco.
- Each recipient’s biography will be published on the website historical file. Biographical information will be available for public viewing.
- Each tree will be maintained by the City of Frisco.