7185 Main Street
Like the City of Frisco the Baptist Church is linked to the coming of the Frisco Railroad. The railroad was completed in 1902 and very soon afterward the little town of Frisco was thriving. A small group of people interested in organizing a Baptist church met on August 13, 1902. With 17 charter members the congregation was named First Baptist Church of Frisco. In September of 1902 the lots were purchased to build this building. For almost two years while waiting for the completion of the building, the Methodists graciously allowed the Baptists to meet in their building. The building was finally completed and the first worship service was conducted in March of 1904. In the ensuing years the frame building underwent various changes and upgrades, including being completely turned around (moved from North facing on Main Street to East facing on 7th Street) and bricked due to a generous gift left in the will of Mr. R. K. Holmes, shared by all the churches in Frisco. In 1952 the two-story addition at the back of the sanctuary was added at a cost of $15,000. In 1974 this building was vacated after the congregation completed new facilities just off East Main Street. The final worship service was conducted here on December 22, 1974.