6928 Maple Street
The Frisco Public School system was established in 1902 the same year as the town of Frisco. The Maple Street complex consists of two buildings dating from 1922 and 1939. The two-story building being used as an Administration Building was built in 1922 of red brick and had six classrooms and a large Study Hall and was heated by coal burning stoves. While the building was renovated in 1997 to serve as administrative offices of the district, the original stairs remain in the building. Construction on the Spanish Mission Style building was begun in 1935 as a Works Progress Administration project under President Franklin Roosevelt. The building was completed in 1939 at a cost of approximately $95,000 and opened the school year with 13 teachers who taught all twelve grades. These two buildings have been in continuous use by the district since they were built. It wasn’t until 1963 that another building was built that housed the elementary grades.
Enjoy the Heritage Courtyard at the Maple Street complex that is dedicated to memorialize and honor former and present Frisco Independent School District staff and employees, members of school boards, students, and friends. Benches and pavers bear the names of many who have supported the Frisco Schools through the years.