In February of 1902, the Blackland Prairie Townsite company auctioned off lots in the new town of Emerson, close to the new depot for the St. Louis – San Francisco Railway Company — also known as “The Frisco”. The town name soon became known as Frisco after the Railway.
Since 2010, the Heritage Association of Frisco has been celebrating Frisco’s birthday at our 3rd Sunday Open House in February. This year we marked our City’s 115th birthday with a proclamation from Mayor Maso, who then blew the whistle on the old #19 steam engine to kick off the festivities.
Along with cake, balloons, animals and crafts, attendees enjoyed a violin performance by Frisco resident, Gayane Pogosyan. The blacksmiths were on hand to demonstrate their craft, the historic buildings were open for touring and, in honor of Frisco’s birthday, everyone enjoyed free admission to the Frisco Heritage Museum.