A 1910 Steam Locomotive complete with its tender and cow catcher is located adjacent to the Frisco Depot replica and the BNSF tracks that run through Frisco. Since Frisco derived its name from the St. Louis & San Francisco Railroad, it is only fitting that a train stands to honor that heritage. Number 19 stands over 15’ tall, 64’ long and weighs in at 185,000 pounds. The locomotive made its way to Frisco in 2004 and the restoration efforts started. Much progress has been made to restore #19 to look as it did for the Frisco Railroad when it rolled off the assembly line. While #19 may never move under its own power again, its whistle does blow, its bell rings, and the headlight points the way as a living part of Frisco’s history.
Caboose #1144 came to Frisco in 1976 as a gift from the Frisco Railroad to celebrate our country’s Bi-Centennial. Built in 1946 the wooden-sided caboose served throughout the Frisco Lines southern route from Texas to Missouri and beyond. The caboose has served as a museum and an office for the Chamber of Commerce before being moved to the Heritage Center. Once covered in tung-and-grooved sheathing, the caboose was converted over to plywood sometime in the 1960’s. While the interior remains in its original condition, the deterioration of the outer layer of the caboose has begun to take a dramatic toll on the overall appearance and structural integrity of this fine artifact. Renovations are currently in progress to restore the caboose to its 1946 condition.