This prairie-style farm house was built in 1905 by A.F. (Alfred Fletcher) Smith, Jr. and his wife Lou Harriet McKnight Smith. Mr. Smith was a farmer and owned 300 acres near the current location of the Frisco Lakes community at the intersection of Hackberry Road and FM 423. The house and the funds to relocate it to the Heritage Center was donated by Pulte Homes of Texas and Betty Muse, granddaughter of the Smith’s, made a donation to place the home on a permanent foundation. The downstairs consists of two parlors, a dining room, kitchen and two fireplaces. The kitchen at the back of the home was smaller than it is today and had a built in pantry for dishes and they cooked on a wood stove. The upstairs has 4 bedrooms. The preservation of this home honors the history of Frisco from a rural community to the modern suburb it is today. This home is an example of how farmers built their homes in the early 1900s.
This home is used as a conference center and is available for rental through the City of Frisco. For more information on reserving the Smith-Muse House for your event contact the City at 972-292-5101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.