Texas State Historical Marker
7026 Main Street
This home belonging to T. J. Campbell was built in Lebanon, Texas in 1869 with lumber hauled by wagon from Jefferson, Texas and was a landmark on the Shawnee Trail during the era of Texas cattle drives. Mr. Campbell sold dry goods and groceries and he offered no credit, but his wares were widely known for their reasonable price. When the railroad bypassed Lebanon in 1902, many of the merchants moved their businesses and homes to the new railroad town of Frisco. This home was pulled by a steam engine over log rollers from Lebanon. When it was moved it was a T-shaped house as the Campbell’s’ moved only the bedrooms and parlor leaving the kitchen and dining room behind. This is the oldest home in Frisco since it was not built on this site, but moved. One tale of lore is that Dr. J. D. Carpenter shot a man from the porch of this house. The house has undergone two significant changes since the Campbell’s moved it, but neither addition disturbed the original home. It has served as a doctor’s office, rooming house, private home and restaurant over the years. The Campbell family, pioneer merchants, served this area of Collin County from 1869 to 1910.