Maple and Mimosa Street
The Frisco Community Youth Center was the dream of community leaders to provide a place for the youth of Frisco to swim, play tennis and baseball. Organizing for the center began in the 1950’s and the formal dedication was on June 30, 1960 with the Honorable Sam Rayburn as the speaker. This was the last public appearance made by Mr. Rayburn. The pool was opened in June of 1956 and countless hours of volunteer labor and monetary donations went into the building of the pool. The tennis courts were completed in 1957. The Frisco Community Youth Center was originally set-up with a Board of Directors and a junior board elected from the student body of Frisco Schools. The east wall of the center included a rock mosaic created by artist Perry Nichols of Dallas. Rocks were sent to Frisco from Saudi Arabia, Israel, Canary Islands, Italy, and Hong Kong. The Youth Center served the citizens of Frisco until 2009. Only the baseball field remains today.